Monday, February 9, 2015

Meal Prep for the Week from Feeding Ger Sasser -C




This is one of my favorite throwback photos. Crossfire Countdown was one of the sponsors of a local 5k fundraiser and Ger had encouraged many of us to run. It was my first 5k and part of me didn't want to do it. When I took 1st place in my age division they caught this photo and that made it all worth it. Ok, it was a small 5k and a lot of people my age don't run. Still, it's a great memory.  The point I'm trying to make is to keep going. Keep running and lifting and eating real foods and prepping your meals.

So, here's another week of ideas. If you see something on here that you don't like, just choose something else from the corresponding page and substitute.
As you look through the recipe links, make your shopping list. Write down what you don't already have on hand. It's also a good idea to check in the kitchen to make sure you do have the other items.
While things are cooking, get your containers out. (and their lids.)
Even if you just prep two or three things, it still helps out a lot. Build up your food prep stamina and don't be hard on yourself.

PROTEIN

Paleo Pineapple BBQ Sauce on Pork Chops

Paleo Honey Mustard Chicken Breasts

Paleo Crock Pot Beef Tips with Quinoa

SIDES

Paleo Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Black Sesame Seeds

Zucchini and Kale Skillet

Oyster Mushroom Blend

SNACKS AND BREAKFAST HELP

Apple Sausage Patties

Black Forest Ham and Egg Cups

Fresh Strawberry Protein Balls

Now, remember, the biggest room is the room for improvement. I read that somewhere this week and it stuck with me. Five years later, I'm still running (or rowing) 5ks. Fuel up and get busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment