Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Italian Kale Smoothie


Everyone told me to just go ahead and get the Vitamix already.

"Haven't you ordered yourself a Vitamix YET?"
 "Get the one you want."
"You'll never regret it."
"What are you waiting for? It will help with your blog."

 I read reviews. I researched. I worried about the cost. (even though I was putting some Christmas money from my mom toward it)
  Even after I ordered it, received it, unpacked it, washed it, and read the directions, I still wasn't feeling great about it.
 Angst, I tell you.....

Know what sold me?  The first green smoothie.
Why did I wait so long?  I LOVE my Vitamix 750 Pro.

I put the following ingredients into the container in this order:

1 organic orange, peeled and no seeds
1/2 lemon, peeled and no seeds
1 cup Italian kale, torn off of the stems
1/4 tsp turmeric
4 fresh basil leaves
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
2-3 ice cubes, if needed

I hit the Smoothie button, poured it in a glass and enjoyed!

 (If your orange and lemon aren't very ripe you might need to add a little water or coconut water)



Now go out there and be awesome. Quit worrying so much and don't put things off!



No comments:

Post a Comment