Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Paleo Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetables


This recipe will bring you compliments and good health!

I put one heaping TBSP on coconut oil into my slow cooker.

I peeled a package of organic carrots, cut off the ends, and cut them in half. I thre them into the slow cooker. (don't take the short-cut of those already peeled carrots at the grocery - ask yourself why they aren't drying out....they're sprayed with chlorine....)
Next, I added:
 2 packages of organic chicken breasts
 a little bit of diced red onion (put as much as you like)
1 can of organic coconut milk
2 tsp smoked sea salt
1/2 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp basil
freshly ground pepper, to taste

I let this cook on high for 4 hours. (You can also cook it on low for 8 or 9 hours)

About 20-30 minutes before the timer went off on this meal, I added one large red pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces and 1/2 bunch of asparagus. I broke off the tough ends of the asparagus and threw them into the compost bin. The edible part was broken into bite-sized pieces and put on top of the chicken mixture.
I gave it a stir and put the lid on for that last bit of time.
SO DELICIOUS!
And, colorful!
And, good for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment