Thursday, April 17, 2014

Paleo Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Bacon and Black Sesame Seeds



I'd bought 4 HUGE sweet potatoes. I rinsed them off and put them in a pan, covered them (almost) with water, put a lid on the pan, and put them on the stove over medium heat to cook until very tender when pierced with a fork.While the sweet potatoes were getting tender, I cooked 4 pieces of bacon in a skillet and then patted them with paper towels and crumbled them.
When the sweet potatoes were extremely done, I poured the hot water off of them and let them cool for a few minutes until I could peel them. I just peeled them with my fingers - the peel just came right off. I cut the two ends off with a knife. I placed the peeled sweet potatoes back into the pan.

I added:
1 TBSP KerryGold Pasture butter
3 TBSP coconut cream concentrate (tropicaltraditions.com)
1 tsp smoked sea salt (salttraders.com)
freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/4 cup basic chicken stock
1 tsp black sesame seeds
I mashed this all up with a fork and put it back on the stove on low until Ger and Cassies got home from CrossFit Countdown.         You may need to adjust the amount of chicken stock, depending on your sweet potatoes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment