Sunday, April 21, 2013

Black Forest Ham and Egg Cups



Here's a great way to prep for the week - make a dozen Black Forest Ham and Egg Cups. I know we all love the Bacon and Egg Cups and its hard to improve on a recipe with bacon in it, but what if you're needing a change? What if you're OUT OF BACON? Then you can try this one.
I'd started out trying to find canadian bacon big enough to try this with. Let me know if you try that.

I rubbed a muffin pan with coconut oil. Then I pressed a thin slice of black forest ham down into each section. Next, I cracked a farm-fresh egg into each ham cup. I sprinkled them all with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.  (You know I love the Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt from salttraders.com)

I baked them in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. I just ate 2 of them with fresh berries. 10 of them are now in the refrigerator,  ready for the week!

Ger just did a 210 lb strict press in the Myrtle Beach competition..... when he gets home, he's going to be HUNGRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment