Friday, January 16, 2015

Paleo Crock Pot Beef Tips with Quinoa


I love the Paleo Beef Tips recipe that I'd come up with and had been thinking about making it again soon but things have been so busy I haven't found time. This made me realize that I needed to come up with something equally tender and delicious but in a crock pot format. I like to put everything into the crock the day before and then keep it in the fridge until the next morning. Then, all I have to do is move the crock from the fridge to the crock pot cooker and plug it in. This is a great time-saver when I am trying to get out the door so early and it's  great thing to know that dinner will be ready (and healthy and delicious) when I get home.   So, here's another great way to fuel up!


I put 2 tsp of coconut oil into the bottom of my crock pot and rubbed it around.
I added:

2-3 lbs grass fed stew meat
1 large sweet onion, diced
2 green peppers, diced (other colors are fine, too)
1 package baby portobello mushrooms
2 TBSP coconut cream concentrate (optional - it thickens things but the quinoa will, too)
1 can coconut milk
3/4 cup chicken stock
1 tsp cherry wood smoked sea salt (salttraders.com)
1/4 tsp turmeric
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 TBSP Garlic Gold Nuggets (or a little fresh garlic minced)
1 cup organic quinoa

I set the crock pot for 7 hours on low.

I took the thyme out and gave it a stir before serving.  This one is easy and seriously good enough for feeding important guests.

Mikko kept looking up at the crock pot and then at me.....and doing the head-turn....he always thinks there should be a bone for him in my crock pot!


You can use 1 box of quinoa including the flavor packet but no other additional liquid if you don't have quinoa in the house; any of the flavors will work - I've used the garlic one. I think the brand is Near East?


No comments:

Post a Comment