Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sausage Soup



"Millions of wall balls and then we ran!
How can I get excited for Fran?
Split jumps and pistols made my butt sore,
But Paleo-ish recipes shouldn't be a chore!"

Crossfit WODs - it's like you throw all these things together and let them simmer...... and in time your body responds. You get stronger physically AND emotionally.

I feel the same way about good food. I love to throw different things together and let them simmer....and in time the body responds. Your health and your immune system get stronger. 
I see the correlation to programming in my recipes. Take this soup, for instance...

I put these ingredients into a stock pot:

1  28 oz can of organic diced tomatoes
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 of a small yellow onion, diced
8 organic carrots peeled and sliced (please peel your own carrots and stay away from those "baby" carrots that have been sprayed with chlorine)
1/2  small cabbage, chopped
1 package frozen Cascading Farms Organic Blend Vegetables (optional, if you don't want a tiny bit of organic corn....)
8 organic baby red potatoes, quartered 
1 tsp Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt (or your favorite)
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
freshly ground black pepper

I put the lid on the stock pot and brought it to a boil. Then I turned it down to simmer. 

Meanwhile, I browned 1 lb of off-the-farm sausage in a skillet. I poured off the excess grease and put the crumbled sausage into the soup.
I let the soup simmer until the carrots were soft and the flavors had melded into each other and my offspring were coming into the kitchen saying, "What smells so good?"





2 comments: