Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Apple Sausage Patties


I felt like I was on a creative roll on this snow day because I came up with 3 new recipes. (I do like to stay busy)
This one needs only 2 ingredients. No, really! They need to be QUALITY ingredients though. This is not sausage from the grocery store. Do YOU have a farm source for really good sausage that you can trust?  Do you have a couple of small organic apples? That's it! You won't believe how easy and delicious these are. We had them for dinner, but they would have been great for breakfast, but there weren't any left.....lol.

I took 2 small organic apples and diced them. I put them into a mixing bowl. ( I didn't peel them)
I added 2 lbs of nice from-the-farm sausage and mixed it up with my hands.
I formed them into patties and cooked them until done in the center in a skillet on medium high heat.
I patted them with paper towels before serving. That's it!

I wish I'd cooked them in my cast iron skillet - I forgot about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment