Thursday, February 5, 2015

Dill Lemon Quinoa Salad



We like quinoa now and then. This is an interesting way to eat it.

I made 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water like the package directions, bringing it to a boil and then simmering around 15 minutes until the water was absorbed.

I stirred in:

1 can Rotel Tomatoes, drained (fresh cherry tomatoes would be great instead...)
the juice of 1 lemon
4-5 TBSP fresh dill, cut from the stems (I can't use up the dill from my Aerogarden fast enough...)
pinch of smoked sea salt
1 tsp balsamic vinegar

That's it. It's great cold. It's also great warm as a side dish. All the kids will be here tomorrow night for dinner - I bet this gets the Ger Sasser seal of approval.

Here is is as part of a great breakfast, hiding under crumbled sausage and a fried egg. Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment