Thursday, February 12, 2015

Honey Garlic Chicken Dinner


Some of my best meal creations happen when I turn up the music and dance around my kitchen while I cook. Singing with abandon helps a lot, too.  I love to stream Celtic things or New Age music, but this meal is brought to you by Aerosmith, so Walk This Way, and try it for yourself.

I melted 1 heaping TBSP coconut oil in a big skillet and added two large organic chicken breasts.

While they were cooking I peeled and cut 3 organic sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces. I threw them into the skillet and stirred them around, coating them with the coconut oil and singing Back in the Saddle Again.

Next, I washed and sliced two organic zucchini and added them to the skillet, stirring everything again and flipping the chicken breasts.

I stirred up a little sauce to coat everything with next, and it was not the Same Old Story, Same Old Song and Dance, My Friend - it was extremely delicious:

1 TBSP honey (I like raw honey, even if I'm going to heat it)
1 TBSP stone ground mustard
1 TBSP Garlic Gold (the oil with the garlic nuggets in it garlicgold.com)
1 tsp Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt (salttraders.com)
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
freshly ground black pepper, to taste

I spread this sauce over the chicken breasts and stirred the rest into the vegetables. I let it all simmer together until I could cut into the thickest part of a chicken breast and find no pink, just to ensure that it's done to perfection. That gave me time to dance and sing to a few more favorites.

Sweeeeeet Emotion!


2 comments:

  1. I did chicken soup in that bone broth I made on Sunday night!! Plus some sweet potato rounds in the skillet with grass fed unsalted Kerry Gold! We're a match made in culinary heave, Dinah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We definitely will have to cook something together one of these days and blog about it.

      Delete