Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Paleo Stuffed Pepper Casserole

                                                             (finished casserole)

       So, Ger wanted stuffed peppers and I've made them before. They taste amazing but they take forever to make! Well, I got to thinking about that - he just wants that great flavor - he doesn't care what it looks like....so, I made it THIS WAY and it's faster, and just as delicious!

      So, instead of taking all that time to hollow out the peppers, stuff the grass fed burger into the peppers and then make them stand up, I turned it into a casserole.

       First, I cut up 3 peppers. ( I did 2 green and 1 red ) I rubbed them with Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil and laid them in a 9 x 12 cake pan, with the outside of the peppers on the pan.  Now, it may seem weird but I don't wash that amazing coconut oil off of my hands - I rub it into the back of my hands and up my arms and into my elbows. You should, too!

       Next, I cooked 2 pounds of grass fed burger with 1 tsp of coconut oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp rosemary, 1/2 tsp hickory bacon salt, and freshly ground pepper.
 When that was done I microwaved a 12 oz package of SteamFresh frozen broccoli cuts and threw it into the pan of burger.
 I cut up 4 oz. of Formaggio Cheese with Roasted Garlic, Tomato, and Basil. (I also do it with smoked gouda, so whatever you like, you should try.) Then I shook some shredded 3-cheese blend on. Here's a pic of that:

       Next, I poured this onto the peppers in the cake pan. It's the filling.
Then I cut up 3 more peppers ( 1 green and 3 red) and rubbed them with coconut oil. I placed the peppers on the burger filling and smashed everything down. I put it into a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. (then I rubbed the coconut oil into my knees!)

 If you want it strict paleo, you are going to have to leave out the cheese. It's still good.....


       Get ready for some compliments! (not only on the food, but your moisturized skin!) Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment