Saturday, February 7, 2015

Sausage Pecan Quinoa



This dish isn't paleo, so if you're in a strict mood, come back to it later on. It's quinoa and it has just a bit of grass fed cheese, but it's still some FINE FUEL compared to a lot of things, right? But, Ger's been asking for quinoa so I make it.

I browned 1 lb of off-the-farm pork sausage in a large skillet, then drained off most of the grease.

In a saucepan I made 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water like the package directions, bringing it to a boil and then simmering for 15 minutes until the water was absorbed.

I poured the quinoa over the cooked sausage in the skillet.
I added:

1 can Rotel Original Tomatoes, drained
the juice of 1 lemon
4 TBSP fresh dill
1/2 tsp Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt (salttraders.com)
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup pecan pieces
3 TBSP KerryGold grass fed cheese (I used Ballyshannon)
1/4 cup organic raisins

I stirred it over low heat until warmed through.

Can you say ahhhhhhh? Everyone did Friday night. Cassie wasn't the only one who just took a little and then came back for more! I love when that happens.



No comments:

Post a Comment