Sunday, February 1, 2015

Paleo Steak Tenders



I took 2 lbs of cubed steak (or you can pound your own) and cut it into long strips and set it aside.

I took two containers and prepped them like this:


One has 3 eggs, whisked.  The other has:

1/4 cup almond flour (like the almond flour that is not blanched but either works)
2 TBSPS coconut flour
1 tsp smoked sea salt
fresh dill (optional; another herb you might like better. If not using fresh, just 1/4 tsp dill will work)
freshly ground black pepper, to taste

I heated a skillet over medium heat and added 3-4 TBSP coconut oil.

I took each steak tender and barely laid it in the dry mixture, both sides. Then I dipped it in the egg mixture. THEN I rolled it in the dry mixture again and laid it on a plate. I continued this process for all the tenders before I put them into the skillet.

I cooked them a few minutes on each side in the skillet, until browned.

Ger said, "Mom, these are good. Mom, these are REALLY good." Isaac agreed and finished the leftovers up with fried eggs the next morning.

Yesterday was a banner day for Crossfit Countdown as it was moved from Greenup Ave to 2409 Carter Ave. I made 2 batches of Pumpkin Paleo Crunch and bought a dozen fancy cupcakes. (Yes, cupcakes)   My heart is full from all the many people who came and helped Ger and Cassie in so many ways. They gave HOURS and trucks and power tools and knowledge and many are at it again today. Love my Crossfit family.






No comments:

Post a Comment