Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Broiled Pollock


Take your fish oil. Eat your fish. I'm always trying to get more fish into my family.
Whole foods had Pollock on sale so this is what I did with it:
I covered a big cookie sheet with heavy-duty aluminum foil and turned the broiler on in the oven. I rubbed coconut oil on the foil and put 3 lbs of pollock on that. (you might make less...)

Next, I melted 2 TBSP pasture butter and 1 TBSP coconut oil in a small dish and brushed the top of the big fish fillets with it.
I sprinkled them with sea salt, smoked paprika, basil, and freshly ground black pepper. I broiled them for 9 minutes.
What a fast dinner! We had them with my Garlic Kale Chips.

If you don't like fish that's very "fishy" this on isn't anywhere near as fishy as say, catfish. But if you aren't a fish lover, you might want to try this with orange roughy.
Pollock is sometimes called the poor man's lobster, so dip it in more melted butter if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment