Sunday, August 11, 2013

Fresh Strawberry Protein Balls


Strawberries are one of the most important places to put your money into organic produce. Strawberries are like sponges and soak up a lot of chemical pesticides that you should NOT be running through your body.
I was on a protein ball kick today. I made two batches of my Cocoa Delight Bites, (made with Progenex Locha Mocha) one for us and one for Jenny. I also made these new ones with fresh organic strawberries. YUM! Here's what I did:

I put all the ingredients in one bowl:
4 scoops vanilla protein powder ( I use SFH or TEN Institute now)
1/2 cup coconut oil, NOT melted
2 TBSP local honey
2 TBSP pecan butter (recipe is on here; almond butter works, too)
1  1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (nuts.com)
1  1/2 cup chopped organic strawberries
4 TBSP coconut milk (once in a while a batch needs a little more...)

I stirred them up with a wooden spoon.  I used my cookie scoop to make them quickly into balls and placed them on parchment paper. Then I popped them into the freezer for 20 minutes. They were so good! 




They make a great dessert, after dinner. They make a great snack. They also make a great breakfast - plenty of protein and so tasty beside coffee with coconut oil, pasture butter, and molasses.