Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Paleo Crock Pot Chili


We are living through Snowstorm 2015 and as long as the power stays on, it's actually OK. When it's cold outside (possible -17 tomorrow....) nothing warms the belly better than soup or chili.  I made this Paleo Crock Pot Chili today and we are nourished and happy.

I browned 2 lbs of grass fed beef in a skillet and then put it into the crock pot.
I added:

24 oz tomato juice
2  28 oz cans of organic diced tomatoes
6 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 small onion, diced
1 can pumpkin (optional - I slip it in if no one's watching....)
1 TBSP cumin
1 TBSP Garlic Gold nuggets (or minced garlic)
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp chipotle chili pepper
1 tsp sea salt
freshly black pepper, to taste


                                                  This should keep us going for a while.



This was WAY before it stopped snowing for this round. They are predicting another 2-4 inches of snow tonight, too. As long as I've got food to cook, I don't mind at all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment