Friday, June 1, 2012

Paleo Vanilla Date Bites




These little babies are a take on my Cocoa Delite Bites. In just a few minutes you can have them for yourself. They go fast!

I put all the ingredients in one bowl:
1 cup vanilla protein powder ( I use FSH or TEN Institute's ITP, and sometimes Progenex; it's up to you)
1/2 cup coconut oil, NOT melted
2 TBSP raw honey
2 TBSP raw almond butter (or organic peanut butter, if you love that)
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (nuts.com, it's the big chunky coconut)
3/4 cup dates, chopped (if you buy chopped dates, read the ingredients - they sometimes add sugar so that the pieces don't stick together and you don't want that)
4 TBSP coconut milk (once in a while a batch needs a little more...)

I stirred them up with a wooden spoon.  I used my cookie scoop to make them quickly into balls and placed them on parchment paper. Then I popped them into the freezer for 10 minutes. They were so good!

Of course, if you know my crew, we immediately, in the same bowl, made a batch of Cocoa Delite Bites, too!  I added a handful of cocoa nibs - wow, even more depth of chocolate! Just put "protein balls into the search box on this blog to pull up all the different flavors)

No comments:

Post a Comment