Friday, June 8, 2012

Grass Fed Ribeyes


I'd just made a trip to Cooney Creek Farms and was looking forward to cooking these ribeyes! Those cows live on a beautiful farm. I took a  tour and had a great time with Cindy Yancy. I met her husband, her dog, some "hair sheep," many chickens, some horses, and of course, the cows.  Now, I can highly recommend this farm!

I coated my Pampered Chef Grill Pan with coconut oil and heated it to medium.
I rubbed my steaks with smoked sea salt, freshly ground pepper, and a little Private Selection Asian Signature Rub. When my pan was hot, I put the steaks in. I love to hear that sizzle! After a few minutes, I flipped them over and added all the same spices to this side, along with 1/2 tsp coconut oil on each steak.  It doesn't take long, you know.

I served them with my Garlic Kale Chips.

They were a big hit.

If you are in the same area of the country as me, Cooney Creek Farms beef can be found at The Wild Ramp, in Huntington, WV, along with other choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment