Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Crock Pot Pork Roast



I took a 4 lb pork roast out of it's wrappings and cut off the string thing.
I rinsed it off.
 I rubbed my crock pot with coconut oil.
 I put the pork roast in and added rosemary until the top of the roast was nearly covered.
I added 1 TBSP minced garlic.
 I also added a little smoked sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
Then I put in 3/4 cup of water and put on the lid.
I cooked it on high all day because it was big and we like it soft and falling apart.

It smelled so good, even outside, I guess - the neighbor's dog, Molly, sat on my porch all day!

I'd planned to put 4 sweet potatoes on top of the roast for the 60 to 90 minutes, like I usually do with this recipe.    But, Ger  was begging for Kale Chips, so I made them instead. I made my Garlic Kale Chips. YOU should try the sweet potatoes on top for the last hour to hour and a half though - they're delicious that way! Throw them in after work, and then go do your Crossfit WOD. Then, dinner's ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment