Saturday, June 23, 2012

Paleo Asparagus with Roasted Pine Nuts



               Asparagus is in season. It costs less now and we should all eat as much as we want! This recipe doesn't take long and we loved it.

              I took 1/3 cup of pine nuts and poured them in a small pan. I shook the pan so that the pine nuts spread out evenly. I toasted them in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes. Then I set them aside. ( This step makes all the difference in the taste of the pine nuts. Don't just throw them in.)

             I broke off the bottom of the ends of 2 bunches of asparagus. I broke them up and threw them in a big skillet. I added 2 TBSP coconut oil, (olive oil would work, too) sea salt, and pepper. I cooked this for 6 minutes at medium high heat. In the last minute I squeezed a little lemon juice over the top and stirred the roasted pine nuts in.

            Some of us put a little sprinkling of parmesan cheese on top. Bliss.



No comments:

Post a Comment