Monday, June 18, 2012

Paleo Zucchini Chips



I took 2 big cookie sheets and covered the bottoms of them with parchment paper. (foil would work, too) I rubbed coconut oil on my hands, then on the parchment paper.

I washed 5 zucchini, cut off the ends, and then sliced them very thin. (I've used the food processor for this if I am making mountains of them for some reason....) I laid them on the parchment paper, touching. I didn't overlap them, but I really packed them in there, like a puzzle. (I knew they were going to shrink...)
 Next, I brushed them with a light coating of melted coconut oil with a little silicone brush. I sprinkled them with smoked sea salt and garlic powder. (you can get a little creative here...basil or dill, smoked paprika - I know all of those work well here!)

I popped them into the oven on 250 degrees for 40 minutes, then rotated the pans and let them go another 35-40 minutes. You will have to watch them at the end - you want them to be "chip"more than just baked zucchini. Wait for them to brown a little.  They are really good!

(Look how much they shrank! They were touching each other....)


No comments:

Post a Comment