Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Garlic Kale Chips




I wanted to do quick Kale Chips and with garlic, which would be different than the Spicy Kale Chips recipe I have on this blog. I thought that flavor profile would go well with Crock Pot Pork Roast. (oh, yeah!)

So, I opened a big 16 oz bag of kale.

 (you can buy the kale in bunches and wash it and tear it into pieces and dry it, if you would rather, but I was in a hurry. Fresh kale is my favorite though! I  use two bunches of organic purple kale in this recipe in this same recipe for the photo below.)



I split it between 2 big cookie sheets. I put 1 TBSP coconut oil, MELTED, on EACH pan. Then I added 1 TBSP of Rinaldo's Organic Garlic Gold Oil to EACH pan. (garlicgold.com)  If you can't find this, olive oil and garlic powder, or just more coconut oil would be close. I made sure my kale was dry so it would get crispy.  

 Next I sprinkled Hickory Bacon Salt, Maine Woods Smoked Sea Salt, (salttraders.com)  and just a little lime juice on each pan. Then I mixed everything around on each pan with my hands, to spread the oil and seasonings.

 I spread the kale out evenly and popped the pans into a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. I turned off the oven and left them in there a few more minutes after a little stir, too, just to make sure they got crispy.  When I took them out I shook some Garlic Gold Nuggets on them. Wow!

Now, the only thing wrong with this recipe is that the kale shrinks down and it gets eaten up so fast!!!

2 comments:

  1. Those look delicious!!! Greens and garlic, two of my favorite things!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, if you like kale cooked, I have a Salsa Kale on here, too. But thank goodness for Kale Chips - it's the only way to get my almost 15 yr-old to eat them.

    ReplyDelete