Sunday, June 24, 2012

Paleo Pepper Sandwiches


             This was a great idea and I want to give credit where it's due. I saw a pic on Facebook and followed the link. It was primalparent.com.  They used peppers instead of bread - what an amazing paleo idea!
 So, tonight I made these and they were a big hit! Here is how I did it:

I washed and cut up red and green peppers, into thirds.  I fried up 2 12 oz packages of uncured bacon. I sliced up some little organic seedless cucumbers. I laid out portabello mushroom slices and shredded carrots, brown mustard, and a little nice cheese.

             We loaded them up using one piece of red pepper and one piece of green pepper for the "bread." Wow! They were crunchy and SO GOOD!
             Here's a pic of everything ready for us to make our Paleo Pepper Sandwiches.

So, it's summer and the sweet peppers are cheap and fresh from the garden. eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment