Thursday, December 27, 2012

Vegetable Skillet


How beautiful, how colorful, how healthy does this look? It was delicious and easy and fast. I can't remember what protein I had with this - it was week or more before Christmas.

I cut up 2 red and 2 yellow peppers into long strips and put them into a large skillet over medium heat. I added 1/4 cup of Kitchen Basics Chicken Stock and 1 TBSP coconut oil.

I washed and tore into bite-sized pieces some organic kale and put it in the skillet. I stirred it now and then. I broke a bunch of asparagus off at the ends and threw them into the skillet.

Then I seasoned them with sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and lots of dill. Lots. The chicken stock had cooked into the vegetables and it was delicious and I didn't let it get too mushy.

No comments:

Post a Comment