Saturday, December 8, 2012

Chili Lime Pecans


We eat a lot of nuts, don't you? I love pecans, plain or my Cocoa Roast Pecans. I've been thinking about how to do a savory pecan and came up with these. We love them!

I took  a big glass bowl and added:
2 1/2 tsp smoked sea salt
1 tsp grated lime zest
1/2 tsp lime juice
2 TBSP raw honey ( you may need to warm it if it is very thick. Agave nectar works, too, if you use that)
1/2 tsp chipotle chili pepper ( you may want to add a bit more...)
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
 1 egg white

I whisked these ingredients and then added 16 oz of pecan halves.  I spread them out on an aluminum foil covered cookie sheet. I baked them in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. (If you use pecan pieces, you may need to bake them a couple of minutes less. Just watch them.)

We all kept going back for more!

 I dropped one and Daisy enjoyed it very much. She just kept waiting for one of us to drop another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment