Friday, December 21, 2012

Gingerbread Protein Balls



I love the holidays. My youngest, Isaac, woke up this morning with the Christmas spirit. He wanted to help me wrap presents. He also wanted to open our presents here at our house TODAY instead of tomorrow. That took some work, but we managed to pull it off. It was lots of fun! We all got lots of great new stuff, especially stuff to WOD in.

In my flurry of trying to get everything ready a day early I came up with a new protein ball - Gingerbread Protein Balls! They are fast and delicious and have protein and coconut, and THESE have Cinnamon Roll Myofusion Protein and GINGER!

Into a big bowl I put:

4 scoops Cinnamon Roll Myofusion Protein Powder( Vanilla would work, but you might want to add 1        
                                                                          TBSP cinnamon)
1/2 cup coconut oil (NOT melted)
2 TBSP agave nectar or honey
2 TBSP raw almond butter
2 TBSP Gourmet Garden Ginger (find this at Kroger with the fresh herbs)
3 cups unsweetened organic coconut chips( I love nuts.com You could also use the shredded coconut)
4 TBSP coconut milk

We stirred them up and rolled them into balls. The balls go on wax paper in a 9 x 13 cake pan and go into the freezer for 10 minutes.

 Delightful!


1 comment:

  1. I like to throw whey protein in some of my recipes because protein is so important to our health and especially, our energy levels. It's fast and easy, and let's face it, we don't always have time to cook a chicken breast, right?

    ReplyDelete