Sunday, December 30, 2012

Paleo Toasted Pecan Butter


I got a Cuisinart Premier Series Prep 7  7-cup Food Processor for Christmas from my mom. I picked it out. I love it very much. I wanted to make sure that the first thing I made in it was special to Ger, SO I thought about the things that he likes to eat as a special treat. Now and then I used to order him nut butters from a company called Fastachi. Their nut butters were really good, and really expensive. Pecan Butter was his favorite. So, I decided to make a pecan nut butter as my first food processor endeavor.

I wanted lots of flavor, so toasting the nuts first was a step worth taking.

I took 1 lb of pecan halves and spread them out on a heavy cookie sheet. I put them in a 350 degree oven to toast for 10 minutes. (You might want to go 12, but watch them if you do...) I let them cool on on a rack and then put them into my food processor. I didn't put anything else in - nothing. It didn't need anything else. I turned it on and let it work for a minute or so. First it looked like chopped nuts, then it looked like almond flour (well, pecan flour, lol) and then it started to look oily and THEN it looked like perfect Paleo Toasted Pecan Butter. Now, I did stop it 3 times and work the pecans down off the sides of the work bowl with the spatula. It took, maybe 5 minutes total.

And, there are no words. It's that good. It's also much cheaper when you do it yourself. I'll never order it again.....

   
                 I hope to be trying to make all my own nut butters now. Almond butter's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment