Friday, December 21, 2012

Garlic Baked Chicken Thighs


My friend Farrah had on FaceBook today  - "Sometimes i wish that I were one of your children so that I could eat your food everyday.  :)" Isn't that a great compliment? I had just posted this photo.

I wanted to make something that wouldn't take too long in the kitchen. This was easy and delicious. Free-range chicken thighs are a great protein source.

I rubbed coconut oil on a broiler pan. I rinsed a large package of chicken thighs and laid them on the broiler pan. I poured a little Garlic Gold Oil (garlicgold.com) in a bowl and brushed some of it on each thigh with a silicone brush.

Next, I sprinkled the thighs with Garlic Gold nuggets (you can't have too much garlic, right?)  organic basil, smoked paprika, and smoked sea salt. (You know we are calling Salt Traders Cherry Wood Smoked Sea Salt our"crack salt" because it's so addicting... salttraders.com. You all must think I am getting something out of using their salt so much and saying such nice things, but I'm just addicted to the taste!)  The last thing I put on them was freshly ground black pepper.

I put them in a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes and then took them out. They sure were good.

                                        Here they are, all prepped and ready for the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment