Saturday, December 1, 2012

Paleo Broiled Portobello Mushrooms


I know how busy everyone is, especially this time of year. So, food needs to be planned ahead so that we eat paleo, and eat for energy to drive our PRs. Food also needs to be quick sometimes, yet still delicious. That's what I work toward. We all need more quick vegetable side dishes. These Paleo Broiled Portobello Mushrooms fit the bill!

I preheated the broiler.
I cut off the stems of 6 big portobello mushrooms, even with the cap. ( I left a little of the stem there)
I wiped the caps off with paper towels.

I rubbed coconut oil on my broiler pan.

In a small bowl, I mixed up:
2 TBSP melted coconut oil
2 TBSP Colavita Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 tsp smoked sea salt
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp minced garlic

I rubbed this mixture onto the top of the mushrooms. As the coconut oil hit the cold portobellos, it thickened up a little and this actually helped it to stick to the mushrooms. I spread it all on them and laid them on the broiler pan, right side up. (the way they grow)
 I put them under the broiler, about 4 inches away. I left them in for 10 minutes. My mushrooms were really big, so if yours are smaller, you might want to check them at 8 minutes.

I served them immediately with my Paleo Crockpot Chicken Breasts and sweet peppers.

freshly ground pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment