Saturday, December 8, 2012

Scrambled Eggs with Oyster Mushroom Blend


This morning Ger and I had this mix of the leftover Oyster Mushroom Blend with scrambled eggs.  It was really good!
Maybe it's the fresh ingredients - those are eggs from Cooney Creek Farm. I picked them up from the Wild Ramp at Heritage Station in Huntington, WV. I love the grass-fed beef from Cooney Creek Farm, and being able to pick it up at the Wild Ramp is just so handy. I hope all my paleo people get in there and help keep that place going! ( I also bought the BEST ice cream for a cheat meal - it was dark chocolate peppermint ice cream made with milk from GRASS-FED COWS; the brand was Jeni's. Uncommonly delicious, but I digress......)

Back to the eggs! I used 1/2 cup of the leftover Oyster Mushroom Blend. I put it into a small skillet along with 1/2 tsp coconut oil, 1 tsp coconut milk, and 3 eggs. I stirred it up immediately with the spatula and turned it over and stirred it now and then. I sprinkled it with my favorite smoked sea salt (salttraders.com) and organic basil. I flipped it out onto a plate and grated just a bit of KerryGold Ballyshannon cheese on the top! (cheese from grass-fed cow milk, from Sam's Club. Have you tried this yet?)
This breakfast is great fuel for CrossFit Countdown's free WOD for the public at 10am this morning.

Happy Saturday. Make enlightened food choices today.

This is another photo from the Mountaineer Games. It's Ger, and Isaac, and Dustin. It's Dustin's birthday today. Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment