Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Paleo Apricot Chicken



I am a teacher in need of a snow day..... I am several recipes behind on this blog! So, we did not have Apricot Chicken tonight, but when we had it, it was really very good!

Chicken....we eat a lot of it. We don't want to eat it the same way all the time, right?

I took 1 cup of dried apricots and cut them up with scissors; maybe into thirds. You might want to use a knife, or a food processor. ( I am getting a food processor for Christmas!!)

I put the dried apricot pieces into a small bowl and added:

1 TBSP dry mustard
1 TBSP + 1 tsp Colavita  Balsamic Vinegar
2 TBSP coconut oil (melted)
1/2 tsp chipotle chili pepper ( or less cayenne pepper)
2 TBSP raw honey

This made a chunky glaze of sorts.
Then I rubbed a baking dish with coconut oil and placed 4 huge chicken breasts in the dish. I put the glaze over the top of the chicken and covered the dish with plastic wrap. I put it in the refrigerator to marinate for an hour. (It marinated an hour because I was going to CrossFit Countdown for a WOD - a half-hour would probably be fine, if you are in a hurry...)

When I got home from the box, I removed the plastic wrap and I put the apricot chicken in a 400 degree oven. I left it there for 12 minutes, then took it out and turned the chicken over and brushed the glaze on the top of the chicken.
 I put it back into the oven to roast for 12 more minutes. I took it out and turned it, and basted it again. It went back into the oven for 8 minutes.

We had coconut oiled, roasted zucchini on the side, and some nuts. Yum!

                   
                   Thanksgiving has come and gone. Christmas tress are going up. I am already thinking about what the costumes will be for the Halloween WOD next year..... Ger, I have an idea! (but this is going to be hard to beat....)

No comments:

Post a Comment