Sunday, January 8, 2012

One-Pot Wonder

This meal is one that really "sticks to your ribs."

First, I chopped a yellow onion and some fresh garlic. I cooked it a few minutes in 2 tsp. coconut oil and set it aside. ( If you're feeling lazy, just throw garlic powder and onion powder in your burger - it'll still be yummy.)
 In the same skillet, I cooked 20 oz all natural extra lean ground turkey breast and 16 oz grass-fed beef, seasoned with organic pepper, sea salt, and smoked paprika.
While that cooked, I washed and sliced 5 zucchini, and a green pepper. (any color will do, and yellow squash instead of zucchini works, too) I also thawed a frozen pepper stir-fry.

 All these veggies went into a tall stock pot along with 2 jars of organic pasta sauce.  Use what you love, but read ingredients and go for low or no sugar and salt. The veggies will cook on medium heat a few minutes.

 Then throw in the burger. Stir. Continue heating.  Add a some chopped fresh basil. (or dried basil) If it looks too thick, you can add chicken stock or more red sauce.


Now,this meal needs to simmer on low for 30 minutes, so even though my kitchen smells AMAZING, I am going outside to do a 400 meter walking lunges work-out. I missed that WOD this week.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I made this dish for me and my roommate last night. I was worried at first because I knew what it was "supposed to taste like" and wanted to live up to the dish I love so much. I think I pulled it off if I do say so myself. My roomie went back for seconds, and even bragged on it to another friend. If I can find the time to make this meal with my crazy schedule, anyone can!

    ReplyDelete