Monday, January 9, 2012

Chicken Breasts and Cauliflower Medley

I was glad I already had a plan for dinner tonight since the WOD took a lot out of my wrists!

Organic chicken breasts that haven't been frozen are just the most moist thing, and so easy.
I put foil on a heavy cookie sheet an rubbed coconut oil on the foil. Then I put chicken breasts on the cookie sheet and sprinkled with lots of tumeric and a little rosemary.
I added a 1/2 tsp of coconut oil to each chicken breast. (grass-fed butter works well, too, and tastes so good) Next was sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.

 I put the cookie sheet in oven on 375 degrees for 35-50 minutes.

Instead of kicking myself for not having fresh vegetables in the house,  I put some frozen veggies, like cauliflower, broccoli and carrots, into a skillet. I threw them in frozen with 1/4 cup bold chicken stock and some celtic sea salt with herbs to let them simmer while the chicken cooked,  stirring now and then. That was it. YUM!

Do you use tumeric? Unbelievable spice that helps the body digest fats, has liver-protective properties, is anti-imflammatory, prevents ulcers, eases arthritis, lowers cholesterol, and has anti-cancer activity. That's pretty AMAZING! I always use lots of black pepper along with turmeric because they are supposed to kick each other up!

No comments:

Post a Comment