Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chicken with Kale, Mushrooms, and Roasted Carrots

                                                            Isn't this a colorful meal?

       I melted a little coconut oil to toss with carrots. I placed them on an aluminum foil-covered pan (easy clean-up) and put in a 350 degree oven.

       Next, I put chicken breasts on a coconut oil covered pan. I added turmeric, black pepper, and basil. (Experiment with your favorite herbs on chicken)  I added a bit of coconut oil on the top of each chicken breast and put them into the oven, too. I timed the chicken for 40 minutes. The carrots were done when the chicken was done, since they'd been in there a little longer.

       I placed kale and sliced organic mushrooms in a pan with a little chicken stock, dill, sea salt, and pepper.  I cooked this until tender, which only took a few minutes.

     Roasting carrots in coconut oil makes them so sweet! It does the same thing to cauliflower, believe it or not. The reipe is on this blog. Use that search box in the top left corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment