Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pork Loin and Cabbage!

   

   This is a very simple dinner but it doesn't taste like it. I bought a 4 lb. boneless pork loin. I put coconut oil in the bottom of my Paula Dean square pan before putting in the pork loin. I put sea salt, freshly ground pepper, LOTS of rosemary, and about 2 tsp. of coconut oil on the top.
          Did you know coconut oil is proven to raise your "good" cholesterol levels?


Next, I just loosely put a tent of aluminum foil on the top and put it in a 350 degree oven for 2 hours. (That's about 30 minutes a lb, in case yours weighs more or less.) Then I had time to get some other things done!

        30 minutes before the pork roast was done, I put a head of cabbage in a pot with a little water, 2 slices of bacon, and salt and pepper. Cabbage goes so well with pork loin. I sliced up a little red pepper and we enjoyed a memorable meal together.  I enjoyed some compliments, too!

So many people say, "Eating healthy takes so much preparation - I don't have time." Make time. Make a plan for at least a couple of days a week. Your health is absolutely priceless and good food is preventative medicine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment