Monday, January 23, 2012

Paleo Pumpkin Soup with Thick-Cut Pork Chops


I LOVE pumpkin and I love soup when it's cold outside, so I made this soup up one chilly day. Isn't it pretty?

 I bought 16 cans of pumpkin at the grocery yesterday - it was on sale. When I told Ger I was making my paleo pumpkin soup, he said, "Why don't you double that recipe? It goes so fast." (so I did)  Feel free to halve the recipe if you aren't feeding hungry Crossfitters as big as mine are....

I put into a pot:
4 cans of pumpkin
2 containers of bold chicken stock
2 cups original(not vanilla) coconut milk
1 cup water
2 TBSP coconut oil
1 TBSP cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste

I stirred that up and let it simmer while I  cooked thick-cut pork chops in a heated skillet with coconut oil. I browned them on both sides. I used Private Selection Signature Rub in "Asian" to season them. It's so good - lots of black sesame seeds and other healthy things.

After the pork chops were browned, I added 1/4 cup water, and put a lid on the skillet. I turned the heat down and let them simmer 10 more minutes. This step is what makes them so tender!


No comments:

Post a Comment