Saturday, January 21, 2012

Broiled Scallops

                                                   This is so easy and melts in your mouth.

          I thawed  some big sea scallops. I placed them on a coconut oil covered cookie sheet.

I topped them with some of my favorite herbs - I used basil, minced garlic and Celtic Sea Salt Blend this time. Then I put a bit of grass-fed butter on each scallop. (I have also done them with olive oil, or coconut oil) Salt and pepper.  I popped them under the broiler and timed them for 2 minutes.

          I grabbed a big skillet and wiledt a big container of organic spinach with a tsp of coconut oil, a 1/2 cup of chicken stock and half a red onion, diced. I kept the lid on for a few minutes.

          When the timer went off, I took the scallops out of the oven and turned them over and placed them back under the broiler for 3-4 minutes.
          Then, everything was done.  I love how this looked with the scallops on a bed of greens. We had broccoli on the side and used my oldest dishes - they used to be my grandmother's.
       
         Did you know that broiling your scallops keeps them from shrinking? I used to cook them in a pan on top of the stove, but fussed about how expensive they were, and that they shouldn't shrink like that. Problem solved. Quick dinner. What more could you want? 

No comments:

Post a Comment