Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Pumpkin Banana Goji Cookies

IMG_1781

I made this batch of healthy treats so quickly I should call them ninja cookies. I imagined the WOD clock – “3…2…1…BEEP”
I put the following ingredients into a large bowl:
2 large ripe bananas
1  1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (we love McCann’s quick oats – order from amazon.com)
1 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut  ( the coconut chips are the big chunks – order from nuts.com or tropicaltraditions.com if you can’t find it)
1/2 cup goji berries  ( or other dried fruit you like, or dark chocolate chips….)
1/3 cup pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
dash of sea salt
I mashed this all up with my hands.
IMG_1777
I used a cookie scoop and placed the cookies on a baking sheet rubbed with a little coconut oil.
I baked them in a 350 degree oven for 12 minutes.
“TIME!”
This recipe made 18 chewy Pumpkin Banana Goji Cookies. Sometimes I crave something with a little old-fashioned oats in it. Oats don’t spike your insulin, so now and then, it’s not going to be a big deal. These cookies are so healthy and so fast!
Ger Sasser is fast, too. I love this #sanfranfire from earlier today:
IMG_1775

No comments:

Post a Comment