Sunday, July 5, 2015

Flavor Your Kombucha


For tips on making your basic kombucha successfully, check this post: Kombucha - Make It Yourself.

Once you get things going, you are going to want to try all sorts of flavors when ever you make a new batch.

Jessica's favorite is to put fresh strawberry slices in each bottle. (I find this one very sweet...)

One of my favorite flavorings is to add the juice of 3 organic lemons to the gallon just before bottling.

Other citrus combinations are also incredible, changing out a lemon for a lime, or an orange.

Blackberry-ginger is another flavor that disappears around here quickly. I put two blackberries and a bit of fresh peeled ginger in each bottle.

My newest flavor profile is one I've been working on for a good while. Pumpkn Kombucha. It's over on the wordpress blog I'm working on - FeedingGerSasser.com   I could drink this one every day.

I also love doing Basil Mint - I put two basil leaves and two mint leaves in each bottle. Not everyone loves this one but I do - especially on hot summer days.

What are some of your favorites? Please share here or on Feeding Ger Sasser FaceBook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment