Friday, July 3, 2015

Double Cherry Pork Tenderloin


I love to cook. Did you know that about me?  I love recipe development. I love trying things out on Ger and Cassie when they come over.  Before Ger headed out for the first part of season 2 with the NPGL San Francisco Fire I came up with this. It was just awesome. 
I put the following ingredients into a gallon-sized Ziplock bag:
2 TBSP diced onion
1 TBSP Garlic Gold nuggets
1/4 cup dried cherries ( or 1/2 lb fresh cherries, stemmed, pitted, and halved)
1/4 cup cranberries
1/4 tsp red pepper
smoked sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Next, I cut 2 pork tenderloins into halves, making 4 pieces. (This recipe can easily be halved – just do one pork tenderloin)
I placed the meat into the Ziplock bag, closed it, and squished and turned the bag over to coat the meat completely.
I let this marinate for 30 minutes at room temperature, turning and squishing often. (This can be done up to a day before and placed in the fridge)
IMG_1182
I heated up my grill pan over medium heat and then poured the tenderloins and all the marinade out into the grill pan.
I cooked the tenderloin, turning frequently and getting all four sides, until done. It took just over 20 minutes total, and was just a teeny bit pink in the center. (It should be 145 degrees if you use a meat thermometer, but I never do)
I let it rest 10 minutes on the platter before cutting into thin slices.
Seriously, this isn’t difficult and it really is just awesome. So, impress someone soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment