Friday, January 30, 2015

Roasted Root Vegetables


I hope more of you are being brave and trying something new to cook and eat now and then. Do you ever eat parsnips? What about rutabaga?   EVERY vegetable has different nutrients so expanding our repertoire is a very good idea.  This Roasted Root Vegetables recipe is a great way to try something new. You can also throw sweet potatoes or organic white potatoes into this mix.

I covered a baking sheet with foil so that cleanup would be easy.

I cut into big bite-sized pieces:

4 carrots
2 large parsnips
2 large rutabagas

I melted 2 TBSP of grass fed butter and rubbed it on the vegetables and the foil and then spread the vegetables out evenly.

I sprinkled them with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.

I roasted them in a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes.

I wish I'd thought to put fresh herbs in top after roasting them. Parsley is especially good with them but some like cilantro or basil better on this versatile side dish.


                                 Good advice, in the kitchen, and everywhere else.....

No comments:

Post a Comment