Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Paleo Fried Cabbage


I like this new recipe cooked down a little bit more than in the photo, but, like so often happens around here, we ate it and didn't get a photo of the finished dish.  It was a little softer and a little browner.
Thanks for sharing your cabbage, Shannon Luther.  I love fresh local-grown garden produce!

I chopped 1/2 of a cabbage and put it into a large skillet, along with 2 TBSP coconut oil. (I'm trying 1 TBSP coconut oil and 1 TBSP bacon grease next time....)
I chopped 1 red pepper and added that into the mix.
I opened 1 can of whole green chilies, drained them, and gave them a quick chop. I added these to the skillet along with the following seasonings:

1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp mustard
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

I cooked and stirred over medium heat until it was cooked down and tender, flipping with a spatula often.

It was delicious with grass fed burgers and artisan lettuce, and very colorful. Ger and Cassie had guac and salsa with theirs, too.



Kerry Artis got some nice shots of Ger at the 2014 Crossfit Central East Regionals. Keep them coming, Kerry!

No comments:

Post a Comment