Monday, June 30, 2014

Grilled Yellow Squash


Ah, summer. Ah, the bounty from a garden. Yellow squash is delicious either on the grill, or in a grill pan, like the photo above. This is a quick way to have yellow squash as a side dish.

I rubbed a little coconut oil on my grill pan and heated it up.

I washed, cut off the ends,  and sliced 3 yellow squash.

I placed them into the grill pan in a single layer.

I brushed the top of them with Garlic Gold Oil with a silicone brush. (If you don't have Garlic Gold oil, you can brush them with olive oil and then sprinkle them with garlic powder) garlicgold.com.

I sprinkled them with smoked sea salt (salttraders.com) and freshly ground black pepper.

I cooked them until they were tender, flipping them now and then.

They were so good!
If you do this on the grill, run two skewers through 5 or 6 pieces so they will be easy to flip on the grill.


No comments:

Post a Comment