Thursday, July 24, 2014

Roasted Butternut Squash with Grass Fed Butter and Balsamic Vinegar


This recipe is for the top half of this lovely dinner I took to Ger and Cassie at the box tonight.  It was a great combination so I decided to use the photo of the both. I'll blog the "Paleo Saucy Burgers" next.

I took a big butternut squash from the Farmer's Market and cut it in half the long way. I scooped out the seeds and discarded them.  I placed the two squash halves cut-side-down in a 9 x 12 glass baking dish and added 1/2 inch of water.

I roasted the squash in a 450 degree oven for 40 minutes. I poured off the water and flipped the squash over until it cooled enough to peel and cut into bite-size chunks.

I placed the servings in containers and topped them off with grass fed butter and a generous amount of balsamic vinegar. Have you tried the ones from The FLYING OLIVE They are just amazing. If you're in the Cincinnati area, you should go check them out, to save yourself the shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment