Friday, July 11, 2014

Acorn Squash Sausage Bowl



Sometimes I just want dinner to be very simple, very easy, and very healthy. This was one of those nights.

I split an acorn squash in half and scooped out the seeds and stringy stuff. I placed the two halves face down in a square glass baking dish and added 1/2 inch water. I roasted the squash in a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes.

Meanwhile, I cooked 1 lb of local farmed pork sausage in a skillet over medium heat, stirring often.

When the acorn squash was tender and cooled off just enough to work with, I loosened the squash flesh form the rind and placed the squash in a bowl. I sprinkled it with smoked sea salt and black pepper.
I topped that off with some of the crumbled sausage that I'd put on paper towels to catch the grease.

I choose a ripe avocado and sliced it for the top layer.

Done.
Simple.
Interesting flavor combinations and very satisfying indeed.
You know you can do this one!
It was SO good with a green Synergy kombucha with chia.

No comments:

Post a Comment