Monday, July 21, 2014

Hazelnut Cinnamon Raw Chocolates


Sometimes chocolate is just a craving. The least we can do is choose the best way possible to indulge. That's why I worked on this recipe today. It's cocoa, coconut oil, hazelnut flour goodness in little muffin papers. The roasted hazelnut on top makes the whole thing just sing..... and it takes 5 minutes to get them into the fridge!


I stirred the following ingredients up in a small bowl:

2/3 cup coconut oil, warm
2 TBSP cocoa powder
2 TBSP real maple syrup
2/3 cup hazelnut flour  (Other nut flours work also, like almond flour. You can also make your own   hazelnut flour in the food processor with hazelnuts.  I get mine from nuts.com)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch salt

I put 12 mini cupcake paper liners in my mini cupcake pan.
I spooned the mixture into the liners and put them into the fridge to solidify.

I put a few whole hazelnuts into a 350 degree oven for 6 minutes. When they cooled off just a little, I put them on top of the raw chocolate treats. Yum!
Toasted coconut would be wonderful on top, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment