Sunday, July 20, 2014

Paleo Fried Yellow Zucchini


Yes, you read that right - yellow zucchini.  A farmer at the farmer's market this week pointed them out to me and they were delicious. If you see any, get them!
This recipe works the same for green zucchini, yellow squash, and for Paleo Fried Green Tomatoes, too.

I put some coconut oil in my grill pan and heated it up.

I washed and cut 2 yellow zucchini. They were about 1 cm thick.
On a small plate, I mixed:

2 TBSP almond flour
1 TBSP coconut flour
1/2 tsp basil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

I laid both sides of the zucchini into the mixture and then put them into the pan. I cooked them 3-4 minutes on each side until tender and delicious.  Quick and easy!

                    Yellow squash on the left - yellow zucchini on the right.  See the difference? 

No comments:

Post a Comment