Sunday, July 13, 2014

Paleo Raspberry Dessert Cups


I love raspberries. Do you?
I used them in this easy paleo treat today. This photo shows 8 of them.... because 4 of them were eaten at this stage while they were setting up in the fridge:



Check out how easy it was!  (You may choose to warm the layers in the microwave instead, but I've given up the microwave - all those other countries can't be wrong....)

I  put 12 cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.


I put a big skillet with a little water on the stove over medium low heat. (If you have a double boiler, you could use that instead.) I placed a corning ware dish in the water and added the following ingredients so that they could heat up and blend slowly:

3 TBSP coconut oil
3 TBSP almond butter
5 TBSP cocoa
1 TBSP + 1 tsp raw or local honey
1 tsp vanilla
2 TBSP coconut cream concentrate (coconut butter)
1 TBSP cinnamon
pinch of sea salt

I stirred this up and put a heaping TBSP into each cupcake liner. I pushed this mixture down a little in each one so that it covered the bottom. I put the cupcake pan into the fridge so that this layer could harden while I worked on the next.

I rinsed the corning ware dish so I could just use it again for the coconut layer.  It DOES need to be in the skillet of water again! I added the following ingredients into this dish:

2 TBSP coconut cream concentrate (coconut butter)
2 TBSP coconut oil
2 TBSP pasture butter from grass fed cows
1 TBSP raw or local honey
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup fresh raspberries, smashed with a fork and juicy

When this mixture was melted and blended, I removed the corning ware dish from the heat and added:

 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut chips (the big chunky stuff) and stirred until well blended. 

I took the cupcake pan out of the fridge and added the raspberry coconut mixture layer onto the cocoa layer.
Then I put it back into the fridge for 15 minutes.

The last "layer" was 24 dark chocolate chips and 1/2 tsp coconut oil, melted and stirred. I drizzled it over the top of each of the 12 little desserts evenly. I put one fresh raspberry on top of each serving.

Isn't that pretty? They're great with coffee - I just had one.
 Ger thinks they are ONE-BITE dessert cups! Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment