Sunday, July 6, 2014

Banana Protein Pancakes



These beautiful pancakes aren't completely paleo - they have a little old-fashioned oats in them. I wanted to tell right up front. But, there's no sugar in the oats and they don't spike your insulin levels.

I put these ingredients into a mixing bowl:

2 scoops vanilla protein (I used Progenex Tropical Vanilla)
2 bananas
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup old-fashioned oats

I used a mixer to blend and then fried them in coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. I flipped them when little bubbles started to show in the batter.

I served them with KerryGold butter from grass fed cows, a touch of pure maple syrup and uncured bacon on the side.

There were pancakes left (Ger wasn't home - ha!) and I ate them later with raw almond butter on them. Delicious!
I realized (thanks to Cindy) that all of my kids were at the box for the July 4th celebration so it was a great time to get a photo. Cassie will be "official" on August 2, but she's always felt like mine.....ever since she walked into the sushi restaurant in the color-block skirt and black boots and Ger grinned like never before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment