Sunday, January 25, 2015

Paleo Lemon Ice Cream Pie with Raspberry Sauce




This is a very special recipe. What I mean by that is that no one would think it was paleo.....it tastes like a serious cheat-dessert! It's going to be amazing this summer when it's hot out, too, but I couldn't wait.

I rubbed a tarte pan (or an 8 inch square glass pan) with coconut oil.

 I stirred up the following ingredients all at once:
1 1/2 cups almond meal
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 heaping TBSP coconut oil, melted
2 TBSP honey
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp lemon zest

I spread this out in the prepared glass pan and baked it in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.  I put it on a rack to cool completely.



Next, I mixed the following ingredients in a sauce pan:

1 can organic coconut milk
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup fresh organic lemon juice squeezed and then poured through a strainer to catch the seeds
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp grass fed butter
pinch of salt

I cooked it over medium heat, never stopping the stirring, until it came to a simmer. (I'll be trying this one in the Vitamix I have ordered asap....and my Paleo Blueberry Lemon Bars and Paleo Mango Bars.....)

As soon as it cooled a little, I put the sauce pan in the fridge a few minutes and then into the freezer. Then, I set a timer for 30 minutes and whisked it. I repeated this for 1  1/2 hours which was three times. Then it was ready.



I spread this soft ice cream on top of the crust and covered the taste pan with aluminum foil. Then I tried to put it in the freezer and my taste pan was wider than my freezer door!!! So, I ran to the garage and rearranged the deep-freezer shelves and made room for it there. (You might want to check first - lol)  I left it in there a couple of hours but it could stay for weeks if you need for it to.

I took the Paleo Lemon Ice cream Pie out of the freezer and let it thaw about ten minutes before I cut it into slices and drizzled the Raspberry Sauce on top just before serving.

Raspberry Sauce
I put these ingredients in a tiny sauce pan:
1 6 oz container of fresh raspberries
1 tsp honey
1/4 tsp arrowroot powder 
1 tsp lemon juice ( orange juice works, too)

I smashed the raspberries with a fork and stirred on low heat until warm and thickened.


This recipe will also be amazing if you just want the Paleo Lemon Ice Cream by itself, too.  I know - I licked the bowl and the spatula.  

No comments:

Post a Comment